UN-COVER THE NIGHT was created by a group of concerned students and recent graduates under the guidance of professors and Ugandans to use scholarly and local knowledge to inform our actions for truth and peace. We strongly that America (in the form of Invisible Children and the U.S. military) has been an active contributor of violence in Uganda. It is time that we become part of the solution towards peace and not the problem of violence.
1. End the militarization of Uganda by the United States.
2. End the harmful story created and circulated by Invisible Children that encourages this militarization.
3. Be part of the solution and not the problem.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
1. Inform yourself through our info-kits.
2. Sign our petitions:
- Petition to Invisible Children to end its harmful one-sided story that promotes further violence in Uganda.
- Petition to President Obama to end the militarization of Uganda and the region by the U.S.
THREE BOOKS: The knowledge that generates our ideas and actions.
BLACK, YELLOW, & RED: The colors of the Ugandan flag.
LIGHT BULB: The illumination of truth.
PEACE SYMBOL: The illumination of peace.
*If you would like to collaborate please contact us at: email@example.com