UN-COVER THE NIGHT:
UN-COVER THE NIGHT uses scholarly and local knowledge to inform our actions for truth and peace. We strongly believe that America (in the form of Invisible Children and the U.S. military) has been an active contributor of violence in Uganda. It is time that we become part of the solution towards peace and not the problem of violence.
1. End the militarization of Uganda by the United States.
2. End the harmful propaganda created by Invisible Children that encourages this militarization.
3. Be part of the solution and not the problem.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
1. Inform yourself through our info-kits.
2. Sign our petitions:
- Petition to Invisible Children to end its harmful one-sided story that promotes further violence in Uganda.
- Petition to President Obama to end the militarization of Uganda and the region by the U.S.
3. On April 20th, help spread the truth. Attend Invisible Children’s “Cover the Night” events to help uncover the truth by informing others, providing information kits, and asking people to sign the petitions. ***We are a true non-profit organization and non-governmental organization. We have no funds for fancy bracelets, shirts, and kits. We only offer the truth. Everything can be online and we hope that you will take the initiative to read it and spread it.
KONY2012 states, “Stories can change lives and inspire young people toward action.” We ask you to take action based on the truth for peace, not fabricated stories for violence.